Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Century Ride Information

In case anyone was curious, I thought I'd post some more information about the Century Ride I'm registering for tomorrow!

It is sponsored/supported by the Narragansett Bay Wheelman bicycle group.  They have organized (not supported) rides every Sunday all year long.  God love those that can bike in the winter.....I am NOT one of them!!!

This particular ride is called The Flattest Century in the East, and starts/stops at UMass Dartmouth in Dartmouth MA (surprise! lol).  The ride starts at 6:45am and ends at 5pm.  Their website says all riders must return by 5pm, but I'm pretty sure that means the support vehicles are done at 5pm.  I don't really know if I'll still be riding at 5pm or not, but if I am...will tell them I am going to finish on my own.  My only goal is to finish the ride....I don't care how fast or slow I ride it, I just want to finish it.

Anyway, here's what the route looks like.  I am under the impression that it can change slightly from year to year.  This map is fro 2013 I think. 

These images are from Map My Ride

The (somewhat) daunting route!!

The (fabulously beautiful) elevation 'map' of the ride!












~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment