Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Packing for a Trip

I was looking over my packing list for Disney the other day (yes....I plan my packing list this far in advance too) and it occured to me.......I very well might be neurotic when it comes to packing for a trip, let alone a Disney trip.

You can judge for yourself, lol!

  • There are 88 items on my packing list  (17 of which are on Wolf's packing list)
  • These 88 items are categorized into groups depending on their usage (hotel room only, food, park items, etc....)
  • These 88 items are ALSO categorized by what piece of luggage they will be packed in to (checked, carryon, purse, etc...)
 See.....neurotic!! 


Wolf and I were casually talking about packing for the trip a few weeks ago (probably initiated by me, lol) and I was trying to find a way to suggest giving him a packing list for the trip.  Well, before I knew it HE asked if I could just give him a packing list!  I got so excited and said yes, lol.  He knows me so well!!!!!   I told him I would wait for a few weeks before the trip before giving it to him and he was happy. 


Here's some more evidence on the neurotic front..........
I have an excel spreadsheet set up for the planning of this Disney trip (as I do for most trips).  In addition to the tab for the packing lists, I also have a tab to organize the whole vacation.  I have each day in a column, and have the parks rated from least to most busy, operating hours for each park each day, which park we're going to, reservation information (and confirm #s), etc.....  It's pretty detailed (in my opinion). 

Whenever I look at the packing list I want to start gathering stuff around my room/house that's on it, then I realize I still have the summer before we go and most of what I'm bringing I'll use all summer also, lol.  To satisfy the packing urge, I have a bag in my room that I am putting things in that I am buying just for the trip.


~Chelle    *o*   <--- like my Mickey???

No comments:

Post a Comment