Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Baking / Decorating Updates

Baking/Decorating Updates
     
  • My cousin's daughter had a Halloween themed birthday party in October.  Everyone was to dress up, so I dressed up as a 'Renaissance Lady' and wore my outfit from King Richard's again.  Wolf dressed as an insane asylum patient (hey...if the shoe fits....lol). I also made her birthday cake.  She absolutely loved it!!


  • My god-daughter's birthday was also in October - she turned 3!!  She loved Cookie Monster, so I did a cookie-monster cake for her, along with Big Bird cookies!

  • A co-worker's daughter's Brownie troop was bridging up to Juniors and I was asked to make the cake for their ceremony!!!  I surprised everyone and did cookies for each of the girls too! The cake was chocolate/green marbled.


  • JEM's nephew Aedan turned 4, and wanted a Spiderman cake!
  

  • A co-worker's twins had a Super Hero birthday party.  One was dressing up as Batman and the other as Spiderman....so they each got their own small cake!


  • We had a few birthday's at work, so I did cakes for them.



  • My cousin's son was turning 8 and the party theme was aircraft.  So I looked online and came up with a fighter jet.  He loved it!!!

  • I did a wedding cake for a friend a few years ago (see the post here), and was asked to do a wedding cake for her aunt that was getting married.  The cake is frosted in buttercream with royal icing roses and purchased sugar pearls.
I used Hershey kisses for the rose centers!

  • Lately at work, we've been doing a lot of team building/fun activities among the Accounting department.  One of those activities is Laser Tag.  If you've never gone you really need to at least once!  We all got hooked!   Well....two of my co-worker's had their children's birthday parties at the Laser Tag place and asked me to do the birthday cakes.  I was thrilled!  Here are the cakes that were done!  Wolf came also, as did Muffin's two older boys (they're 15 & 16...holy cow!).  We ended up playing four games in total and it was awesome!


  • A co-worker asked me to make her a carrot cake for Easter.  While mixing it up I got jealous and made some for my house and to bring to Wolf's mom's house.
Co-Worker's cake.  The bunny on top is purchased and made of sugar.

Mine (left) and Wolf's mom's (right)

  • This is out of order...but oh well, lol.  I did Christmas cookies this year, and actually toned it down from prior years - I only made 5 kinds!  I believe they were chocolate chip, oatmeal chocolate chip, cranberry, peanut butter chocolate chip and sugar cookies.  All except the sugar cookies (I think) were Gluten Free! 

  • This too is out of order, lol.  I tried my hand and some cinnamon pull-a-parts.  They were great except I let them rise in the pan too long.  I also kind of forgot about them in the oven so they cooked a little too much.  They were delicious anyway! 

I think those are all the baking updates I have! 

~Chelle


No comments:

Post a Comment