Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Magical Vacation

So....it's no surprise that I LOVE Mickey Mouse and Disney World....it may come as a surprise to you that it's been 5-6 years since I last went (WAY too long for a Disney fan....but that's what happens sometimes).  Now...6 years may not sound so bad, but the last time I went I was fortunate enough to be able to go 5 times in a four year time span...so I kind of got used to that, lol. 

A co-worker also loves Disney and her and her family go every year.  She's been planning a trip for April vacation (they are there now!!!) and I was getting jealous (hah!) and decided to see how much it would cost for Wolf and I to go.  Surprisingly it wasn't too bad (considering it's Disney after all).  I priced out a 9 day/8 night trip and found that it was affordable for us to go.  So...once things settled down at work (lots of things going on....but that's for another day) I sucked it up and booked the trip! 

We will be going in September/October for our Anniversary!  I'm so excited!!!  It will have been 6 years since I've gone by the time we go.  It will be Wolf's first trip to Disney so I have planned what I hope is a semi-relaxed vacation (he's not the open&close the park type like Jen and I, lol) that will also allow us to see a lot of stuff.  All new for him, and some new for me too! 

So you're probably wanting details....huh?

We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside.  I've only ever stayed in the value resorts but wanted something a little nicer for our first trip (he even mentioned the other day about going for Christmas some year - yay!).  It's sort of set in the Old South and there are mansion buildings and bayou buildings that have the rooms in them.  I was going to request a specific type of building/room, but I've always let Disney surprise me and have never been disappointed....so I'm going to do that again.

We'll be doing all the parks, and hopefully a waterpark.  I've built in time for Disney Quest (Wolf is a gamer) and relaxing days also.  We're doing a Segway tour at Fort Wilderness too!!  I'm super excited about that!!!!  Jen and I tried the Segway's in Epcot when we were there and they were fun....this is a 2hr tour on outdoor wooded trails!

All the planning is done for the trip....Dining Reservations are made, hotel reservations, ticket package, Disney's new Magic Bands have been customized (color and name).....all that's left is to finish paying for the trip!!! 

Oh....and airline tickets (can't forget those!).  I'm watching fares on Southwest and JetBlue and waiting to see what they come down too.  We are still 157 days out, so they can fluctuate quite a bit still.  I was reading an online article about time-frames for purchasing airline tickets and it was suggested to buy at the 75 day mark for Orlando.  So, I have enough in a savings account for the tickets and am watching.  If I find a super-deal before the 90-day mark I'll buy on the spot.  Otherwise, I'm going to watch and wait for 90 days and then if I see a decent price after that I'll buy.  When I priced out the trip I found two roundtrip tickets for $488....I'm hoping I find that price again!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have even constructed a very detailed packing list for me (and a much smaller one for Wolf).  Wolf is getting excited about it, but not as much as me.  Which is totally understandable....he's never been and I love it, lol.

Oh!!!!  I went online to design t-shirts for us!  I was going to buy them from an online retailer, but a) they are $25 a shirt and b) they are Mickey and Donald and there may be copyright issues with it.  So.....I am making my own!!  I have bought the t-shirts at the craft store and put together the designs we like.  I of course picked Mickey, and one of my favorite quotes from Walt Disney.  Wolf picked Donald.  We looked online for ideas and he found one he liked, lol.

I have transfer sheets at home and can print the designs out on my own printer.  Since I'm not selling the shirts or using them to promote a business, there's should be no copyright issues. 

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  157 days until we leave!!!! 

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment