Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dining Reservations - Disney World

Since Disney has offered the Disney Dining Plan (and it's many variations), it has become necessary to make reservations for any sit-down restaurants (Table Service restaurants per the Dining Plans).  The earliest you can make reservations is 180 days prior to your check-in date.  I know this might sound crazy to a non-Disney fanatic, but yes...it really is necessary to make them this early for some restaraunts, and yes....some people really do plan their trip this far in advance (and usually further in advance).  I, for instance, had this trip planned out in January and booked it sometime in February.  Yes, I could be considered crazy, lol.

So....in light of all of that, I thought I'd share some of the places where Wolf and I will be eating!  I have elected to purchase the Dining Plan (the Dining Plan deserves it's own post!) for Wolf and I for our upcoming trip.  I won't get into the why's, etc.... in this post, but will do another post about that at a future date.  I will say that the Dining Plan gives 1 Table Service meal (sit-down restaurant), 1 Quick Service meal (typical food place at a park), and 1 snack per day, per person.  You also get a free refillable mug for the duration of your trip, which can be refilled at any soda fountain in any of the hotels.  For Wolf and I, the price is worth it....for some, it might not be.

Anyway......on to the restaurants!!!!


House of Blues


House of Blues in Downtown Disney

Since we will most likely head to Downtown Disney once we arrive, I thought dinner at House of Blues would be nice.  It's in Downtown Disney, not too far from Disney Quest.  I've never eaten here, so it will be nice to try new restaurants!










Mama Melrose's in Hollywood Studios


This is another restaurant I've never been too in Disney.  This one came as a recommendation from my Disney-loving co-worker, plus Wolf loves Italian food!  Mama Melrose's is located in Hollywood Studios, and is part of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package (which is allowed as part of the Dining Plan).  Along with dinner, we get preferred seating for the show that night (closer seats)...all at no extra cost to us!





'Ohana


'Ohana's in the Polynesian Resort

This place is great!  I've been here before (once I think).  The food is all-you-care-to-eat, and is brought to your table while you're eating.  If you've had enough you just tell them and they will move on.  It's Polynesian food and the meats are roasted (?) on big spikes and they cut the meat off right onto your plate!







 
Boatwright's in Port Orleans Riverside


 This is another restaurant I've never been too, and didn't even know existed!  I found it looking through the Table Service restaurants on the Dining Plan.  This restaurant is in the hotel we're staying at, and has a real partially built boat frame hanging from the ceiling!  This is where we're going for dinner on our actual anniversary.  We're bringing nicer clothes and will dress up a little bit.





Chef Mickey's


Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort
Does it really surprise anyone that I picked Chef Mickey's???  If it does....then you don't know me too well, haha!  I have, of course, been here before.  I love it!  This is a character dining meal and the characters rotate around the restaurant while you're eating and stop for photos, autographs, etc...  It's one of the few buffets that I booked.  I generally don't care for buffets, but Disney is good about watching guests and not letting them put hands, etc... in the food.



 
Grand Floridian Café in the Grand Floridian Resort


I have eaten here once before also.  A friend's daughter and I had supper with Cinderella & Friends the night we arrived on our trip.  We're actually going here for breakfast rather than dinner.  We have a day planned at Epcot, in the World Showcase and Wolf is planning to sample the different beers/drinks that each country offers.  I thought it best to start the day with a hearty breakfast!!





Tusker House


Tusker House in Animal Kingdom
This is the only other buffet that we have planned.  Tusker House is in the Africa section of Animal Kingdom and has African themed dishes as well as American dishes.  I've never been here, so I thought it would be nice to try the food of other countries.  I LOVE the fabric/scarves on the ceiling!!






Of the next two restaurants, we'll only be eating at one...though I don't know which one!  Neither of them requires or accepts reservations (walk up only), which makes them a little easier to work into a flexible schedule.  These are planned for the day that we are doing the Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness.  The rest of the day is up in the air, and we'll be having dinner at whichever one we feel like going to. 


 
Beaches & Cream in the Yacht Club Resort


Beaches & Cream looks like and old-fashioned soda shop/restaurant.  I picked this one because of the décor.  I just think it's pretty cool! It's located at Disney's Yacht Club resort.










Big River Grill & Brewing Works


Big River Grill & Brewing Works on Disney's Boardwalk
I picked this one because Wolf likes beer, and specifically small-batch brewed beer.  I'd like to check out Disney's Boardwalk during the day/evening and that's where this restaurant is located.  I figured if we didn't feel like making our way over to Yacht club, we could eat here instead of Beaches & Cream.







I have no real idea where we'll be eating our Quick Service meals....there are so many options in each of the parks and the resorts that I can't even begin to guess where we'll want to eat.  It will depend on where in the park we are when we get hungry.


~Chelle


No comments:

Post a Comment