Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bi-weekly Work Cookouts

Lots of things have been, or are going to be, changing at work lately and in the next few months or so.  To help build and keep morale up in the Accounting department, we've been doing group activities and such.  The most common has been going to play Laser Tag and then for dinner. We've gone quite a few times and we love it!  One of the other things we're doing this summer are bi-weekly cookouts.  We split the Accounting department into two teams (6 people each) and every other week one of the teams puts on a cookout for lunch for everyone.  We all pitched in some $$ to start, and whatever we spend gets reimbursed out of those funds.  So far there have been two of these cookouts.

The first was put on by Team A (not my team) and we had hot dogs, burgers, grillers (some kind of burgers with lots of stuff in them), coleslaw, macaroni salad and potato salad.  I only have one picture from the first cookout because sometimes I'm a bad picture taker, haha.

The second cookout was my team's turn to do a cookout.  We did ribs, chicken wings, beans, potato salad, pasta salad, cornbread (in my Dutch Oven!!), scallops and I can't remember what else!
Work has a grill that we have access to use
 
I love ribs and looking at these again is making me hungry!!!

Here's the spread of all the food we had! 

This is the cornbread cooking.  I forgot to take a picture of it when it was done.

We also decided to do dessert with our cookout and what better dessert than S'Mores!!!  We used charcoal briquettes to roast the marshmallows and they worked awesome!
S'Mores ingredients pre-cooked, haha

One of my co-workers roasting her marshmallow!

I believe there is one more cookout for each team to put on.  The next one is Team A's turn, so stay tuned to see what they make!


~Chelle *o*


No comments:

Post a Comment