Saturday, July 19, 2014

First Camping Trip of the Year!!!!!

Wolf and I went camping last weekend - yay!  I love camping!!  I'm so excited that we got to go, even if it was a short trip (late Friday to Sunday).  We went camping in New Hampshire, at Greenfield State Park.  What a great campground!  They have a cute beach that has a walkway to the public beach and a little store.  Some of the sites are open sites (meaning you can see your neighbors pretty well) while others are more closed (you can see the neighbors but not what they are doing).  We had one of the latter sites.

Since it was a short trip, we planned to sleep in the car with an air mattress.  I found and purchased online a couple of mosquito nets to put over the front doors so that we could leave the windows open for some fresh air without getting bugs in the car (you know how I am about bugs!).  I also purchased some magnets at a local hardware store to keep the nets on the door - they worked out great! 

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

Here's the mosquito netting on one of the windows.  I'm going to take and sew each one into a sleeve (of sorts) that will slide over the door and then close the door on it.


This is the screenhouse all set up, looking at it from the car.


This is the "working" part of the screenhouse, with the containers, table, stove, lantern, etc.....


These next two are the other side of the screenhouse, with the table in it.  The cooler is under the bench to deter critters from trying to open the cool during the night.  Either it worked, or there were no critters, lol.


You can see my dutch oven on the table (in it's bag) and the Weber on the ground under the table (in the box).


I, of course, did some cooking with my awesome Dutch Oven......but that's another post!!!


I'm taking Muffin's kids camping in August, and can't wait for that trip!  They are 15 and 17 and I'm honored (and frankly a little surprised) that they still like hanging out with Auntie Chelle, lol.


~Chelle *o*

No comments:

Post a Comment