Saturday, July 19, 2014

Gel Manicure....Day 4

I'm going to preface this post with this.....I meant to post this around the end of June and forgot, haha!



The should probably say Day 3...since I noticed this last night.   The end of my pinky nail was feeling......weird....like it needed to be filed.  So I was looking at it, and probably touching it more with my other fingers than I normally would.

This is what I discovered!

The gel polish is PEELING off!!!!!!!!! 

Of course, I had to investigate......it's peeled about halfway up my nail.  I don't really know why this happened.

After doing some research on applying gel polish, it is possible that I filed the edge of my nail the other day.  I believe this could have caused to polish to no longer be adhered on the end of my nail.

My, not so great, solution to this was to use a small drop of superglue to glue the polish back down!  It worked great!  No fingers stuck together and no more lifting polish!



I may call the Salon I went to on Monday to see if they have any explanation, etc... as to what could have caused it.  I also found another salon, in the same general vicinity, that is listed on OPI's website and using the Axxium Soak-Off Gel Polish (I don't think this is the same as what the place used that I went to on Monday).  According to OPI, Axxium should last 3 to 4 weeks, whereas the Salon told me the one I got should last 2 weeks.

I'll continue to update with how the nails/polish are doing over the next few weeks (or until I decide to have it re-done).

~Chelle  *o*

Update:  I managed to peel all the polish off in a few days and by the 1 week mark it was all gone.  I went and had a different salon re-do them on July 3rd.  I went camping camping last weekend and they are still doing good!!!  This past Thursday was 2 weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment