Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Waffles!!!!!!!!

Now....I love all manner of breakfast foods.  Eggs and waffles/pancakes are my favorite though.  Today I had a craving for waffles, so decided to make them for dinner.  Yup, you read that right....dinner.  I LOVE to have breakfast for dinner!

My preferred mix for waffles and pancakes is quite simple really....the recipe on the Bisquick box!


So, I got out the bowl, whisk, milk, eggs, oil and opened the Bisquick box. 

This is what I found:
Not even close to enough for waffles!!!!!!    Poo!!!!!


I REALLY wanted waffles by now and went in search of some kind of cookbook for waffles from scratch.  I spotted the recipe book that came with the Kitchen Aid and decided to look there.  Lo and behold!  Waffles!


I don't know if you can read it....but they want you to whip the egg whites up and fold them into the rest of the batter.  If you know anything about me, you know I'm lazy, and I'm not about to whip up egg whites for waffles.  So, I modified the recipe a bit, lol.  I mixed all the wet ingredients first (thank you Alton Brown!), then the dry ingredients.  I did substitute Honey Crystals for the sugar.  What are honey crystals?  Ohhhh....they are awesome!

I found them in Utah while visiting JEM this past November!  I've been using them to substitute for sugar.


Anyway...I mixed up the batter and it seems a little thick so I added a little more milk.





They cooked up great in the waffle iron.  I then decided to top them with some raspberry jelly and some of the leftover chocolate ganache from the macarons from last night!

They were DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!


I will still use the Bisquick recipe, but these were pretty good!

~Chelle
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment