Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Trip to the Store...........

So, I decided yesterday to make macaron's for work today.  Only I had no cocoa powder left (used it all last week), so would need to go to the store to buy some.  No big deal, I could stop after work.  Except I wanted to go for a bike ride after work.  Getting out of work at 5:30 and home by 6, plus changing doesn't leave much time for riding before sunset at 7:45.....especially if  I run to the store first. 

I know, I know.....any amount of riding is better than none - but I prefer to ride at least an hour or more at a time.  So I came up with a brilliant idea!!!  I would ride to the store to buy the cocoa powder!

I went to mapquest, and the store is about 6 miles from my house - no big deal!  So, I got out at 5:30, got home by 6, changed lightening fast and was on the bike by 6:20!  Took me about 35min to ride to the store...much quicker than I rode on Saturday - yay!  Ran in and bought my cocoa powder and another bag of almonds (wouldn't want to run out!), and was back on the bike about 7.  Took another 35min to ride home (plus a few quick breaks on the side of the road) and got home about 7:45....just as it was getting dark.  Nothing like the motivation of the dark to make you ride faster!  I managed to ride just under 12 miles and averaged 10mph!

Probably won't get another chance to ride until Saturday morning.  Taking today off (the butt needs a break!) and am going to a retirement party for Wolf's best friend's dad tomorrow night, then Friday is off to Wolf's for the weekend :)   He's working Saturday morning, so I will probably head out on the bike for a few hours, as long as it's not supposed to rain - otherwise I'll be sleeping, lol.

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment