Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Biking Adventures!

Wolf had to work again on Saturday, so I planned to head out early (he had to start at 7) and get a good 5-6hrs of riding in.

Alas....things do not go as planned most of the time!  My engine light came on last week and a guy at work read the code for me.  It apparently was one of the 02 sensors that needed replacing.   I called around and ended up calling the guy that replace my engine.  He could do it Saturday morning (yay!).  Great, so I made the appt for 8am and figured I'd head down there when Wolf went to work.

The car has also been making a 'clunking' sound in the rear, so I had him look at that also.  Turns out the clunking was the struts and swaybar links.  They need to be replaced.  Great...more money!  Anyway, got the sensor replaced and all was well.  Headed back up to Wolf's (stopping at Dick's Sporting Goods for some t-shirts) and ended up heading out on the bike about 11:30am.

Was riding through Davis Square and realized the back tire was flat.  Wonderful!  So I pulled out my (new!) phone and looked up where the nearest bike shop was.  Half a mile...not so bad.  So I walked over there, got the tire replaced pretty quick and was back on my way by 12 or so.  Learned from the guy at the shop that road bike tires should be checked for air pressure every week and topped off.  Who knew! 

Decided to tackle the Minuteman Bikeway again and had a relatively uneventful ride.  Started playing with the different gears and pedaling in a higher gear while going downhill and on flat ground.  It's amazing the difference it makes!  At one point, the chain fell off the front gear, so I stopped to try to fix it.  I knew it was easy, but wasn't exactly sure how to do it.  A very nice gentleman stopped and asked if everything was fine.  I told him what happened and he showed me how to put the chain back.  It's embarrassingly easy!!!!!  I felt like a dope and said so, lol, but also thanked him for the help.

I was able to ride to the end of the bikeway and back and got all my stuff put away just before Wolf got home.  I ended up doing 26.5 miles and averaged about 10mph!  Yay! 

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment