Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Personal NSV

You're probably wondering what an NSV is... it stands for Non Scale Victory.  It is a common phrase heard among Weight Watcher members.  It's a personal victory or goal that has nothing to do with the number on the scale.

I achieved a HUGE NSV for me this week, and am very proud of myself. 

One of the fundamental parts of Weight Watchers is tracking the food that you eat so that you know how many SmartPoints (SP) you've eaten and how many you have left for the day.  Without tracking your food, you're not really following the plan.

I have a 'big' problem continuing to track my food.....like I haven't managed to do it consistently in over a year 'big'.  As you can imagine, this hasn't made for much success in losing weight.  Amazingly in the last 10 months that I have been attending an At Work meeting, I have only gained a few pounds.  There is no doubt in my mind that it would have been A LOT more had I not been going!  I wasn't tracking food, but was being some-what mindful of what I was eating.

Well, my At Work meeting ended a few weeks ago and I started attending a regular meeting last week (same leader).  Something in my head clicked during last week's meeting and I set a goal of tracking everything I ate for the week: Good, Bad and Ugly.  I wasn't concerned with keeping within my SP just yet...the bigger hurdle in front of me was tracking consistently for the week. 

I am excited and proud to say......I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Once I started doing it, it was fairly easy to keep doing it (why haven't I realized this before?!?!?!).  It was somewhat eye-opening how many SP the foods added up to each day.  Some of it was excessive and out of the ordinary, but I was still surprised.   I found it was easier when I pre-tracked my day the night before so I knew where there is wiggle room to add a snack and such.

I am going to put more effort into staying within my SP for the day/week, however, continuing to track is my main goal again this week.

~Chelle *o*

No comments:

Post a Comment