Thursday, May 1, 2014

Free Dining.....Yay or Nay....and a startling revelation!

So, for the past few weeks, rumors have been buzzing over on the Disney message board I lurk on.  Like most, I've been anticipating the announcement of the Free Dining dates for the Fall.  About a week ago the suspected dates were posted and I was excited that my trip fell within the correct time frame.  All that was left was to wait to see when it would be announced, and if any resorts would be excluded.  Some are always excluded, and it's usually the same ones each time.  For instance, Port Orleans French Quarter is always excluded, while Port Orleans Riverside isn't usually excluded.

Well...it was announced today semi-officially what the check-in dates and the excluded resorts are.  Port Orleans Riverside is excluded from the Free Dining promotion.  Now I had a decision to make....change resorts to get the Free Dining promotion, or stay where I am and pay for the Dining Plan.  So I took a look at the other Moderate resorts that Disney has (I wanted something a little nicer than a Value for Wolf's and I's trip).  The other two are Carribean Beach Resort and Coranado Springs Resort.  I looked at the maps for both and they are HUGE!!  I looked at the ameneties and offerings at each resort also.  I came to a startling conclusion...........

I'd rather stay at Port Orleans Riverside and pay for the Dining Plan than change resorts and stay somewhere I'm not very happy with just to get the Dining Plan for free.  If you're wondering....the Dining Plan is costing me $950 for the both of us for the trip.  $950.  And I'm choosing to pay it because I love the resort too much to stay somewhere else.  I must be crazy, lol.  There's just so much cool stuff at Port Orleans Riverside and I'd miss not having it at our resort.

~Chelle *o*

No comments:

Post a Comment