Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Better late than never.....Better one than none.......

So....way back before winter arrived in New England (probably November, lol) I decided that I was going to join a gym and ride the stationary bike through the winter so I wouldn't lose the ability to ride that I built up over the spring, summer and fall.  Well, I can tell you, that didn't happen.  I think I managed two or three days back in November and/or December.  Since then life has apparently been too busy (yeah, it's an excuse, I'm sure).  What makes it even crazier, is I have a free gym at work (literally upstairs from my desk). 

Well, yesterday I brought my workout clothes to work and did 30min on the elliptical after work!  In my gym travels before winter, I determined that the elliptical works the same basic muscles as cycling does, without the weird shaped seats that the stationary bikes have (I just got too used to my road bike's seat).  I decided to start with 30 min a few times a week and work up from there.  Yesterday I did 5min on incline 1 (the lowest, max = no idea) and resistance 1 (the lowest, max = 6), then 5min incline 1 resistance 4, then 5min on 1, then 5min incline 3 resistance 4, etc.... and kept alternating.  It wasn't too bad, but I could definitely feel it in my legs when I finished.  Surprisingly I wasn't sore today, so that was nice.  My plan is to go Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I think I'll up the resistance and incline tomorrow and see how I am.

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment