Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Baby Shower Gifts

We found out a while ago that Wolf's brother's wife was expecting a baby, and her baby shower was sometime in November 2016.  Well....of COURSE I had to sew my gift!!   I did some researching and reading online to see what most new mom's found they used most, etc....  Well, I came to the conclusion that bibs and blankets were the most useful, and they were most happy to have them.  I also decided to make a few hooded towels, since the moms I know personally always loved having hooded towels - then I ended up making facecloths to go with those hooded towels because why have towels and no facecloths!

Here is everything that I ended up making for the baby shower!


Here are the bibs - I used PUL fabric (waterproof fabric commonly used for diaper covers) for the back of them and flannel for the front.  I purchased and learned how to use a snap tool to put plastic snaps on the bibs too!   I made 5 because that's what I had enough fabric for.

Here are the two hooded towel and matching face cloths.  The towels are made from terry cloth, and the hooded portion is terry cloth and cotton printed fabric (LOVE the whales!).  The facecloths are just terry cloth.  I learned how to sew bias tape on while making these as well.  You can also see one of the bibs that snuck into the picture, hah!

I had the most fun and the most aggravation with the blankets.  They are double-sided flannel.  Ever try to make sure flannel is flat against another piece of flannel, and then sew them together???  It was quite frustrating, but I eventually ended up with flat blankets that didn't pucker anywhere (YAY!!!).  They were sewn inside out, then flipped and top stitched closed. 

The mom-to-be loved them all and was amazed that I had made all of them!    Wolf's nephew is now about 16 months old and he is so cute!


Do you enjoy making homemade gifts?

~ Chelle *o*

No comments:

Post a Comment