Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm itching!!!!!!

To go camping!!!!!!!!!!  Haha!

For the past many many years, I have sworn I was not going camping over a holiday weekend.  However...I may change my mind this year.  See....4th of July is on a Thursday.  My idea is to go camping a few days before and stay through Sunday.  Even if I can't get the Friday off of work, the campground is only about 40min away from where I work - not bad at all!

The last time I went camping over a holiday weekend I did a cookout and a bunch of people came.  We had more food than I can even remember, but I do know the picnic table was COVERED end to end in food!  It was me, my mom, my dog, Muffin and her family and a few other friends of the family.  I started thinking that I'd like to do that again, and invite anyone who wants to come.  Obviously I'll need to know ahead of time so I have enough food - otherwise they are welcome to bring whatever they want with them!

Here's a preliminary list of what I have thought of so far:
  • Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers
  • Hot dogs
  • Keilbasa
  • BBQ Chicken
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Pasta Caprese Salad (found on Food Network)
  • Roasted Potatoes (yes, this is possible on a Weber grill!)
  • Baked Beans
  • Chips
  • Salsa/Dip
  • Homemade cookies/brownies (or both!) for dessert
It might sound like a lot, but I think a fair amount of it can be done ahead of time before I leave home.  My plan is to get a reservation for Tuesday through Monday.  I'll actually be leaving on Sunday, but this way I can have the whole day to pack up and not rush to be out by 11am.  Hey...at $12/nt it's well worth it!  It's nice that the campground is so close to where I work, cause I'll be going after work on Tuesday to set up, and then going to work on Wednesday. 

So....reservations will be made on Monday (when I have the $$ to pay for them, lol)!  Yay!!!!!

I do plan on doing some weekend trips before 4th of July, but haven't planned those yet, lol.  Those may end up spur of the moment anyway, rather than planned out ahead of time.

Happy Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment